Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A clerk is a person who keeps an organization's records.
- I called the city clerk's office to see if they had a record of her birth.
- (countable) A sales clerk is the person in a shop who helps you find things you want to buy.
- A convenience store clerk was arrested for selling cigarettes to children.
- (countable) A desk clerk is the person at a hotel who registers guests.
- The desk clerk called a taxi for us.
- (countable) A law clerk is a person, often a junior lawyer, who is the assistant of a judge or another lawyer.
- If you clerk, you work as a clerk, especially as a law clerk.
- She clerked for the judge in 1992, and says she and her fellow clerks worked "as many hours as we could stay awake, often past midnight and on weekends."