Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chart is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) A chart is information that is organised in rows and columns or as a picture.
- In India as a whole the figure is about 40% (see chart).
- This week's bar chart shows the correct figures.
- You can write your weight in a diary or on a chart.
- (countable) (often plural) A chart is a list of most popular songs, movies, etc. that is published regularly.
- This week, the newest Star Wars movie is topping the charts.
- A map of seas or oceans.
a vowels chart
- (transitive) If you chart something, you record it in a chart.
- (intransitive) If something charts, it is on a list of most popular things.
- (transitive) If you "chart a course" you find out how to get somewhere.