Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) enPR: kôshn, IPA: /ˈkɔːʃ(ə)n/
- (US) enPR: käshn or kôshn, IPA: /ˈkɑːʃ(ə)n/ or /ˈkɔʃ(ə)n/
Audio (US) (file)
- Caution is being careful and planning ways to avoid danger or being hurt.
- He used caution as he climbed the old wooden steps.
- A caution is a warning about what might happen in the future.
- The doctor gave me a caution about eating too much.
- (law) A caution can be a legal warning and that a repeat of the action could end up as an arrest.
- The police gave the boy a caution after he was caught stealing from the shop.
- To caution is to give a warning or advice.
- His mother cautioned him about staying out too late at night.