Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable) A bonnet is a brimless hat of cloth or straw worn by women and children that covers the hair and ears but not the forehead and is tied under the chin
- (countable) chiefly Scottish: A seamless woven cap worn by Scottish men and boys; a Tam o'Shanter
- (countable) British: An automobile hood
- (countable) British: A metal covering or cowl for a heater, a ventilator, a fireplace, etc.
- A baby bonnet is sometimes given as a gift to the parents of a newborn.
- She lifted the automobile's bonnet to check the engine.
Gallery of bonnets[change]
Tam o'Shanters of various tartans are bonnets