Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A bomb is a weapon that explodes.
- (countable) If something, often a movie or a concert, was a bomb, it was very unsuccessful.
- The first computer was a bomb, but IBM improved it and the new machine sold very well.
An exploded pipe bomb.
- (transitive) If you bomb a place, you drop or put one or more bombs there.
- This woman's mother and son were killed when American planes bombed the village.
- (intransitive) If you bomb somewhere, you go there at high speed.
- They walked up the mountain with their bikes and then bombed down as fast as they could go.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you bomb a test, course, etc., you get a very low grade on it.
- (intransitive) If something, often a movie or a concert, bombs, it is very unsuccessful.
- The show bombed in London as well as flopping on Broadway.