- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɔːkwəd/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈɔkwɚd/
- (Canada) IPA (key): /ˈɑkwɚd/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- An awkward person or animal is clumsy, lacks agility, dexterity or grace.
- He doesn't managed well when I try to juggle. He's still awkward.
- An awkward situation, event is an embarrassing situation, event.
- When I fell in front of everybody, I felt ridiculous. It was so awkward!
- Awkward also means complicated.
- What an awkward device! I can't even imagine how it works.