Jump to navigation Jump to search
Assurance is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- (countable & uncountable) An assurance is a strong promise, usually given when the listener has doubts.
- She had been here before and could give assurance that they were on the right course.
- Despite assurances from the contractor that everything was going well, we still felt nervous.
- (uncountable) Assurance is the feeling of self confidence.
- Cocteau in his trademark suit stared with absolute assurance into the camera.