Adaptation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable) An adaptation is a change to fit a different situation or the result of that change, especially when a story goes from book to TV or movie.
- The new film adaptation of the classic book Little Women is quite wonderful.
- He is also disabled and requires special adaptations to his home.
- (uncountable) Adaptation is the process of changing to fit a different situation.
- These products undergo a constant process of change and adaptation.