Acquisition is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- (countable & uncountable) Acquisition is the act of getting something, often by buying it.
- The judge ruled that the acquisition of XYZ company by Acme Inc. was illegal.
- Studies of language acquisition show that it's easier for children to learn language than for adults.
- A recent acquisition in my life that I can live without are clothes because sometimes I buy them just because they are beautiful.
- (countable) An acquisition is something that you got.
- The zoo's last acquisition was three elephants.