Jump to content
accompany + -ment
- IPA (key): /ə.ˈkʌm.pə.ni.mənt/ or /ə.ˈkʌmp.ni.mənt/
- (countable & uncountable) (music) Accompaniment is music played as background to a featured musician.
- She has produced 10 new songs recorded with orchestral or big-band accompaniment.
- (countable & uncountable) Accompaniment is something that is together with something else.
- The prime minister has taken this trip without the usual accompaniment of the press.
- Salad is an ideal accompaniment to any meat or fish.