Jump to navigation Jump to search
Accommodation is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
- IPA: /əˌkɒməˈdeɪʃən/
- (uncountable) (usually accommodations in American English) Accommodation is a place to stay or live.
- The hotel provides high quality accommodation, mostly for foreign visitors.
- After long years of living in rented accommodations, Jack could finally afford to buy a house.
- (countable & uncountable) Accommodation is the process or result of changing something to fit a particular need or situation.
- During the 1990s Iran tried twice to reach an accommodation with its long time rival.