Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) An academy is an educational organization, similar to a university or college.
- She passed the exams to enter the local academy.
- (countable) An academy is a place for special training, such as a military academy.
- I learnt about horses at the riding academy.
- (countable) An academy is a group of experts in a particular field of arts or science, who regulate and promote their speciality.
- He was made an honorary member of The Academy of American Poets.