- (UK), enPR: rōm, IPA (key): /rəʊm/, SAMPA: /r@Um/
- (US), enPR: rōm, IPA (key): /roʊm/, SAMPA: /roUm/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rome is the capital city of Italy.
- It is noon at the U.N. headquarters in New York, 6:00 p.m. in Rome, Italy.
- Rome is the Roman Empire, an empire that existed between 85 BC and AD 476 and covered much of the southern Europe and some of northern Africa.
- Most of our great ideas are rooted in Greece and Rome.
- Visitors are transported back 2,000 years in time to experience life and death in ancient Rome.