- (economics) Something that is produced, then traded, bought or sold, then finally consumed and consists of an action or work.
- Hair care is a service industry.
- (computing) A function that is provided by one program or machine for another.
- This machine provides the name service for the LAN.
- The military.
- I did three years of service before coming here.
- A set of dishes or utensils.
- She brought out the silver tea service.
- The act of initially starting, or serving, the ball in play in tennis, volleyball, and other games.
- The player had four service faults in the set.
- A religious rite or ritual.
- The funeral service was good.
- (law) The serving, or delivery, of a summons or writ.
- The service happened yesterday.
- (public service) That which is provided by the government or its agents.
- The Job Centre provides a service to the unemployed.