ball is part of the Basic English 850.
- (countable) A ball is a round thing. People often use them to play games.
- The croquet ball was hit through the wicket and the game was over.
- A ball is hit with a racquet in tennis.
- A ball is a formal dance.
- There is an inaugural ball following the swearing-in of the new President.
- Cinderella lost her glass slipper at the Prince's ball.
- (slang) the testicles
- John's balls ached because he hadn't had sex in two days.
- (slang) "guts", fortitude, moral strength
- John didn't have the balls to quit his job, divorce his wife, and start a new life in Tahiti.
- (transitive) If you ball something up, you make it into a ball shape.
- Ball the cookie dough, wrap it in paper, then freeze it.
- (slang) sexual intercourse
- Tom and Jerry balled continuously on their honeymoon.