- (UK) IPA: /ˈbɒdi/, SAMPA: /"bQdi/
- (US) IPA: /ˈbɑdi/, SAMPA: /"bAdi/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (UK)help, file
- (countable) A body is the main part of a person, animal, physical object, or organisation.
- After falling out of the tree, his arm was broken and his body hurt all over.
- The governing body of the UN meets in Geneva.
- (countable) A body is a dead person or animal.
- The police found her body after she had been missing for three days.
- (countable) A body is a group of people.
- The senate is an important legislative body in the United States.
- (countable) A body of something is a lot on it together in one place.
- Lake Michigan is a large body of water.
- (physics) A body is a thing that all moves together.
- The moon is a body in orbit around Earth.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - nose - mouth - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary|