- heart is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /hɑːt/, SAMPA: /hA:t/
- (US) IPA: /hɑɹt/, SAMPA: /hArt/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (UK)help, file
- (countable) The part of the body that pumps blood.
- He has a problem with his heart.
- (countable) (symbolic) Where emotions are.
- You broke my heart.
- (countable) Center, core.
- We get to the heart of the problem.
- (uncountable) Care for others, compassion.
- He has a lot of heart.
A heart symbol
- heart and soul
- wear your heart on your sleeve
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - nose - mouth - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary|