- Toward the rear.
- He went back behind the stands.
- To a place again.
- I didn't like it, so I sent it back.
- He went back to the same house.
- They came back again.
- (countable) The back is the rear part of something; it is the part in the other direction from the front.
- I went to the back of the house.
- (countable) The back is the rear part of the human body.
- He had a scar on his back.
- (transitive) If you back something, you support it.
- The Republicans backed the bill.
- (transitive) If you back up, you move backward.
- He put the car in gear and backed right into the garage door.
|Parts of the body (edit)|
|head||ears - eyes - nose - mouth - chin|
|torso||neck - throat - shoulders - chest - ribs - abdomen - pelvis - back|
|internal organs||heart - lungs - liver - stomach - kidneys - intestines - bladder - ovaries - uterus|
|extremities||arms - hands - fingers - legs - feet - toes|
|sex organs||penis - vagina - testicle - ovary|