Jump to navigation Jump to search
- this is part of the Basic English 850.
- (definite) (singular) (count & non-count) You use this to show which thing or idea you are talking about. You use it when the thing or idea is close to you.
- This trip was a great idea.
- Which book is yours, this one or that one?
- (definite) (singular) (count & non-count) The thing indicated without mentioning the noun.
- This is my hand.
- (indefinite) (singular) (count & non-count) You use this in stories, jokes etc to introduce a person or thing into the story.
- So this guy walks up to me and asked if I have any fish.