Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈθi(ə)tɚ/
- (Canada) IPA (key): /ˈθi(ə)tɚ/ or /ˈθi.eɪ.tɚ/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈθiːə.tə/ or /ˈθɪə.tə/
- (NZ) IPA (key): /ˈθiətə/ or [ˈθiə̯tɜ] or [ˈθiə̯ɾɜ]
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- (countable) (US) A theater is a building with a big room with a stage and places for many people to sit, so that people can watch a play with actors in it.
- We went to the theater to watch a play by Shakespeare.
- (countable) (US) A theater is a place where movies are shown.
- We'll make it to the theater on time, there's twenty-nine minutes left before the movie starts.