Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) If something tends to be true, it is often or usually true.
- The streets are very confusing in Tokyo and people tend to get lost.
- A clearly typed paper does tend to get a better mark.
- If we can't understand something, we tend to ignore it.
- Of course, millions of dollars in targeted advertising does tend to increase sales.
- (transitive) If you tend something, you watch and take care of it.
- The children often help with chores, including cutting the grass and tending the garden.
- If tends towards , is usually .
- My artwork tends towards the modern.
- If you tend bar, you work at a bar selling drinks.
- If something tends in a particular direction, you generally moves in that direction.
- The price of gold has tended upward for about three years.