Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A tank is a large, strong container for gas or liquid.
- The gas stove was connected to a propane tank.
- When the house needs heat, hot water from the storage tank is transferred to the house.
- The firefighter was in full gear: helmet, flashlight, oxygen tank strapped across his back.
- The fuel tank holds 40 liters.
- The most common sources of groundwater pollution are leaking underground storage tanks.
- She was pumping gas into the tank of her 1977 Ford LTD.
- There was a large fish tank in which a few small orange fish were swimming.
- A notebook and pen lie on top of the toilet tank.
- I returned the car to her with an empty tank.
- (countable) A tank is a large metal vehicle with a gun that runs on tracks.
- They do not have heavy weapons such as tanks and armored vehicles.
- 1968 was the year Soviet tanks rolled into Prague.
- (countable) The tank is a room, usually in a police station, for keeping people locked up.
- The police threw him in the holding tank with us.
- (intransitive) If something tanks, it gets worse quickly.