- seat is part of the Basic English 850.
Audio (US) (file)
- A seat is something to sit on.
- Pull up a seat and sit down.
- The seat is a part of the clothes covering the buttocks.
- The seat of your pants is muddy.
- Seat is where something is, at the centre of things.
- The town was the county seat, where the county council met.
- Canberra is the seat of the Australian Government.
- (transitive) To seat is to help someone sit down.
- Follow me. I will seat you near the stage.
- I will pull out your chair to seat you.