Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive & intransitive) If you reckon that something is true, you think that it is true.
- What do you reckon we should do?
- I reckon that he didn't know anything about it.
- He's reckoned to be quite a good teacher.
- (transitive) If you reckon a number, cost, etc., you guess or calculate the value.
- I reckon the cost at about $23,000.
- Reckoning from the map, Lexington to the headwaters of the Pedlar and back is forty-two miles.
- (intransitive) If you reckon on something, you expect it.
- Oh dear, we didn't reckon on so many people.
- (intransitive) If you reckon with somebody or something powerful or difficult person, you deal with them.
- In today's race, the Ethiopians will be a force to be reckoned with.