- If you are on probation, you are not in prison or jail, but you are still limited because of being convicted of a crime.
- He was sentenced to a month of home arrest, two years of probation, and a $2,000 fine.
- If you are on probation at work, you have recently been hired, and your boss is deciding if you're suitable.
- Employees may not work overtime during their probation period.
- If you are on probation at school, you are limited at school for a short time as a punishment.
- He was given a week's probation for cheating on the test.