Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈplætfɔːm/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈplætfɔrm/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: plat‧form
- (countable) A platform is a raised stage where speeches, concerts and other performances are made.
- The principal of the school stood on the platform to give a speech to parents about the school's upcoming changes.
- (countable) A platform is a raised structure from which passengers can enter or leave a train, metro etc.
- The passengers waited for the train on the platform.
- This short entry needs someone to make it better. You can help Wiktionary by adding to it.