- A passage is the act of passing, from one place to another, or from one state to another
- Getting a driver's licence is a rite of passage from being a child to becoming an adult.
- A passage is a journey by air or water.
- His passage to Australia in a sailing ship took 180 days.
- A passage is a long narrow way or path.
- He heard footsteps in the passage outside his hotel room.
- The ship was able to find safe passage through the coral reef.
- A passage can be an opening, or a tube along which things can pass.
- The small boy had a pea stuck in his nasal passage.
- A passage is a short section from from a book or other writing.
- She read to the class her favorite passage from Jane Austen's book.
- (music) A passage is a short section from a musical work.
- There was a long oboe solo is the passage we listened to from Bach's work.