Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɒpəreɪtə/, SAMPA: /"Qp@reIt@/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈɑːpəreɪtɚ/, SAMPA: /"A:p@reIt@`/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: op‧er‧ator
- (countable) An operator is a person who operates something.
- Jo is the operator of the tractor.
- (countable) An operator is a person who works on making connections for people over the telephone.
- The operator was struggling to keep the line connected.
- (countable) (mathematics) An operator is a symbol that is used to perform a specific operation (addition, subtraction, multiplication or division) in maths.