Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) If you mention something, you say it or talk about it, but only very briefly.
- Father Poole became very excited when I mentioned your name.
- As I have already mentioned, I had never tried skiing before.
- The problem is not mentioned in any of the books.
- He mentioned that she would probably be there.
- Did you mention the changes to Susan?
- Now that you mention it, I do have another key under the mat.
- "Thank you for your help!" "Oh, don't mention it. It was nothing."
- (countable) A mention of something, is when somebody mentions it.
- Kavanagh's book makes no mention of Katherine's name.
- The economy received only the briefest of mentions in the speech.