Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈmærəθən/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈmærəˌθɑn/ or /ˈmɛrəˌθɑn/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Hyphenation: mar‧a‧thon
- A marathon is a long distance race of exactly 26 miles and 385 yards (or 42.195 kilometers).
- The marathon is named after a soldier who ran 26 miles and 385 yards to tell the people of Athens about the Greek victory.
- A marathon is an activity that extends for a long period of time.
- Yesterday, we had a Star Wars movie marathon and watched all six films in a row.