Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (US) (file)
- (plural only; not used in singular form) Folk are people.
- Often, doctors have difficulty explaining things to ordinary folk like me.
- Lots of folks are worried about their jobs.
- (plural only; not used in singular form) Your folks are your parents.
- I'm not sure if I can get the car. I'll have to ask my folks.
- (usually before another noun) Folk music, dance, art, etc., is traditional and belongs to the ordinary people.
- I remember reading about him in a collection of folk tales.
- The children are learning Russian folk songs in school.