- To play without working.
- (countable) The violin when played in a style not like the classical violin.
- When I play it like this, it's a fiddle; when I play it like that, it's a violin.
- (the instrument) violin
Related word and phrases[change]
- You're fiddling your life away.
- To fiddle with something is try to make something work by adjusting it.
- I needed to fiddle with my computer's speakers to get them to work.
- Fred was fired when he was caught fiddling with the bank books.
- (music) To play traditional songs on a violin in a style not like classical music.