Jump to navigation Jump to search
Despite is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- If happens despite , it is surprising that happens because usually stops it.
- Despite their best efforts, the ministers have not been able to come to an agreement.
- Despite all the problems, I think this project is a success.
- We hope that there will soon be changes despite the fact that the leaders are still the same old people.
- If you do something despite yourself, you didn't plan or want to do it.
- She hated him, but when he spoke she laughed despite herself.