Jump to navigation Jump to search
Cycle is part of the Academic Word List. It is important for students in college and university.
Audio (US) (file)
- A cycle is a number of regular things that happen again and again.
- Right now we are in an upward-moving part of the business cycle.
- Although women's monthly cycles vary in length from person to person, the average length is about 28 days.
- Most car engines have a 4-part cycle.
- A cycle is a short way of saying bicycle or motorcycle.
- (transitive & intransitive) If you cycle somewhere, you go there by bicycle or motorcycle.
- The rain was falling harder than ever as I cycled home down the Banbury Road.
- It took me less than 7 minutes to cycle the whole trail.
- (transitive) If you cycle a machine, you run it through one cycle.
- The test will cycle the computer through ten start ups.