- (countable) A curb is a stone or concrete edging between a sidewalk and a road.
- I stubbed my toe on the curb when crossing the street.
- I parked my car at the curb.
- (transitive) To curb means to check or restrain or control.
- His parents tried to curb his late hours.
- Her husband curbed her reckless spending.
- To rein in.
- To furnish with a curb.
- To force to "bite the curb" (hit the pavement curb); see curb stomp.
- To damage vehicle wheels or tires by running into or over a pavement curb.