- (countable) (sports) A coach is a teacher of a sport.
- Even though his team won, first-year coach Andrew Johnson was not happy.
- Parkview's new assistant girls soccer coach Karen Kingston has led the Panthers team to a 4-1 record.
- Mrs. Schenkman, the seventh grade girls' basketball coach, had ended practice for the day.
- (countable) A coach is a private teacher, often to help prepare for a particular test, job, or situation.
- (countable) A coach is a bus or a car of a train with seats for many people.
- Thomas the Tank Engine was pulling his coaches Annie and Clarabel back into Knapford Station.
- (countable) A coach is a vehicle pulled by a horse.
- (transitive & intransitive), (sports) If you coach a person or a team, you teach them how to do a sport.
- She coaches girls gymnastics at Middlebury High School.
- (transitive) If you coach someone, you help them prepare for a particular test, job, or situation.