Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable) A clue is a piece of information that helps you answer a question or solve a problem.
- He said nothing, made no gesture, and gave no clue about what he was thinking.
- Something in those boxes might provide a clue to his death.
- She disappeared without a clue.
- (informal) (singular) If you have no clue about something, you don't know at all.
- I'm afraid I have no clue how to get there.
- Don't ask him. He doesn't have a clue about computers.
- The guy's an idiot. He hasn't got a clue.
- (informal) (transitive & intransitive) If you clue somebody in to something, you give them that information that they didn't have.
- I had no idea what she was angry about until my sister clued me in.
- The look on her face finally clued me in: she didn't speak English.
- I finally clued in to the fact that it wasn't going to work.
- clued in / out