Audio (US) (file)
- (transitive & intransitive) If you chase something, you go after it quickly.
- Dogs often play at chasing their own tail.
- In my dream, someone's chasing after me and I'm running down this street.
- The children were chasing the ball down the soccer field.
- (transitive) If you chase somebody or something away, you make them leave.
- He waved his arms to chase the birds out of the cherry tree.
- (countable) A chase is an act of going quickly after something or trying to get it.
- TV has too many high-speed car chases.