Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA: /ˈtʃeɪmbə(r)/ SAMPA: /"tSeImb@(r)/
- (US) IPA: /ˈtʃeɪmbɚ/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: cham‧ber
- (countable) A chamber is a room that is often used for sleeping.
- He went to his chamber to get some rest.
- (countable) A chamber is a legislative body in a government.
- The House of Representatives is the only chamber in the legislature of New Zealand.
- (countable) A chamber can be any enclosed space that holds something, such as where the bullets are stored in a gun.
- The chamber was empty so the gun did not fire.
- (transitive) To chamber something is to put it in a room or an enclosed space.
- The angry girl chambered herself in her room.