Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA (key): /ˈbɝdi/
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈbɜːdi/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Hyphenation: bird‧ie
- Homophone(s): birdy
- A birdie is another name for a bird.
- Look in the sky! A birdie!
- In golf, if you get a birdie that means you hit the ball into the hole in one less shot than expected (one under par).
- I took three shots on a four par. I got a birdie.
- In badminton, the birdie is the type of feathered ball that is used. It is also called a shuttlecock.
- He hit the birdie into the net.
- (transitive) If you birdie a golf hole, you score one under par on it.
- I birdied the last hole with 4 strokes on a par 5.