Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (UK) IPA (key): /ˈɔːtəʊˌmæt.ɪk(.ə)li/ or /ˈɔːtəˌmætɪk(.ə)li/
- (US) IPA (key): /ˌɔː.təˈmæt.ɪk(.ə)li/ or [ˌɔː.ɾəˈmæɾ.ɪk(.ə)li]
Audio (UK) (file)
- If something happens automatically, it happens without the need for a person to start it or do anything more.
- The door closed and locked automatically behind him.
- If you sign up for this, you'll automatically be entered in a contest to win a car.
- If you do something automatically, you do it without thinking about it.
- If a man and woman spend time together, you shouldn't automatically assume they're lovers.
- "You're welcome," she said automatically.