Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) If you admit someone, you allow them to enter an area or a building.
- The man was admitted to the theater, and sat in the front row.
- (transitive) If you are admitted to an institution, the institution starts taking care of you.
- He was admitted to hospital and he is having his operation next week.
- My elderly grandmother was admitted to a nursing home.
- To be admitted to a state school, children must show the ability to learn.
- (transitive) If you admit something, you say reluctantly that it is true.
- She admitted that she robbed the bank.
- The accused admitted stealing the money.
- No child would ever admit to enjoying school.
- "Climbing the Everest was harder than I thought," he admitted.
- She admitted her mistake and apologized.