- (countable) A zone is an area that is known for a particular use.
- You are in a no-smoking zone.
- Touchdowns are made in the end zone.
- (uncountable, mainly used in sports) When you are in the zone, you are in a time of high performance.
Related words [change]
- adaptive zone
- death zone
- defensive zone
- exclusion zone
- free zone
- loading zone
- offensive zone
- time zone
- temperate zone
- war zone
- work zone
- If you zone something, you divide into it; you give it a particular use.
- (real estate) If you zone a property, you determine what the property will be used for.