- The pieces which make up a language. In Latin based languages, such as English, French, and Spanish, it is a bunch of letters separated by spaces.
- Do you even understand the words I am saying?!
- Class, if you are stuck on any word, be sure to check the dictionary.
- A short conversation
- Can I have a word with you, John?
- Mr. Gambini, a word with you, please?
- A promise
- She gave him her word that she would pay him the money on Tuesday.
- You have my word for it that the work will be finished before the weekend.
- A piece of news
- Send word to John that Mary is here.
- The word is that Mary stole some money from John.
- When Christians speak about the Bible, they sometimes call it the Word.