- over is part of the Basic English 850.
- (UK) IPA: /ˈəʊ.və(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /"@U.v@(r\)/
- (US) IPA: /ˈoʊ.vɚ/, SAMPA: /"oU.v@`/
- Audio (US)help, file
- In a location above something.
- He stepped over the dog.
- From one side to the other.
- They went over the bridge.
- To the someone's house.
- They had him over for tea.
- (mathematics) divided by
- Eight over two is four.
- (sports)(countable) An over in a cricket match is six balls bowled from one end.
- The captain told me I would have to bowl the next over.