- (stressed): enPR: ĭt, IPA: /ɪt/, SAMPA: /It/
- Audio (US)help, file
- (unstressed) enPR: ət, IPA: /ət/, SAMPA: /@t/
- Audio (UK)help, file
- used to refer to an object without identifying or describing it; the object might have been described earlier in the text.
- The house was very big. It had many rooms.
- used to desribe the weather
- It is very hot today.
- I'm staying in because it is raining
- used to describe a situation in general
- I don't like it when people tell me to do something.
- It is hard to find a job.
|Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive||Subject||Object||Possessive 1||Possessive 2||Reflexive|
It can be a short way of writing
- Italy or Italian
- Information Technology, the use of computers