- (transitive) If you imagine something, you make a picture of it in your head.
- Imagine that you're sitting at a table with all the food you can eat.
- It's hard to imagine many people wanting to go.
- You can well imagine how I felt when I heard the news.
- I can't imagine what caused the accident.
- Just imagine him saying that to his teacher.
- Maybe you're not great, but imagine you were.
- They're only starting now, so you can imagine how long it will take.
- For example, we could imagine a computer that would understand English.
- (transitive) If you imagine something, you think or believe it without knowing.
- I imagine everybody will be there.
- Maybe you just imagined that the phone rang.