See also God
- The gods come from several powerful beings, according to some religions.
- The Ancient Greeks believed in many gods. They had a god for thunder, a god for love, and many other gods.
- (Idiom) When someone is called a god of something, then that person is very skillful and famous for one thing, as in a god of sport
- Wayne Gretsky is sometimes called a god of ice hockey.
- Capital letter
- "God" normally has a capital letter at the start if there is only one God ("God" has a capital letter because it is used like a person's name). When talking about several gods, a small (lowercase) letter starts the word.
- God and Goddess
- "God" can be either male or female, but when talking about a female god, then the term "goddess" is often used instead.
- Used when somebody is surprised or unhappy about something. Some people do not like to use this phrase, as they think this is blasphemy (an insult to God).
- Oh god, not that again!