- (UK) IPA: /bɪˈlɒŋ/, SAMPA: /bI"lQN/
- (US) enPR: bĭ-längʹ, IPA: /bɪˈlɑŋ/, SAMPA: /bI"lAN/
Audio (US) (file)
- (intransitive) If belongs to , it is 's
- The umbrella belongs to John; it's his.
- (intransitive) If someone belongs to something like a club, they are a member.
- Mary belongs to Greenpeace.
- What does it cost to belong to the library?
- English belongs to the Indo-European language family
- (intransitive) If something belongs, it is in the right place.
- That dog doesn't belong in the kitchen
- Where does this book belong?
- I'm a simple girl; I don't belong in this rich house.