- air is part of the Basic English 850.
- aire (old, no longer used)
- (UK) enPR: â(r), IPA: /ɛə(ɹ)/, SAMPA: /E@(r)/
- (US) enPR: âr, IPA: /ɛɹ/, SAMPA: /Er/
- Audio (US)help, file
- Audio (UK)help, file
- (uncountable) Air is a mixture of gases. It has no color or odor (smell)
- We breathe air to live.
- You put on airs when you act arrogantly.
- If you air something, you broadcast it, either over the radio, or on television.
- Hurry! You'll miss the story about homeless children that is about to air on the local news!